Mortgage Pre-Approval Benefits
There are benefits to getting a fully underwritten pre-approval, including:
- Putting you on the path to homeownership
- Determining an affordable home loan amount
- Documenting your ability to obtain financing to the seller
- Giving you a head start in the loan underwriting process
The Mortgage Pre-Approval Process
You are approved for a set loan amount and purchase price based on our review of the income, asset and credit history documentation you provide. We provide you with a pre-approval letter that is generally valid for 60-90 days.
The process includes:
- Completing a home loan application
- Supplying income and asset documents
How can a pre-approval help me?
It helps you understand your options and be confident in making an offer. Other advantages of a pre-approval can include:
- Determining an approximate monthly mortgage payment
- Organizing all necessary documents before the last minute
- Providing time to correct errors and resolve issues